Tuesday, January 03, 2006

nyc

well four months in nyc has been one helluva ride. the first month and a half was great - new people, new places, lotsa time to explore the infinite streets and avenues of manhattan.

come october however, school became very hektik. it wont be getting any easier in the spring semester (jan-april), more research, and more work this semester. i definitely had to relearn the meaning of hard work - in the 3 school weeks of december, i think i slept with the lights off for a total of 4 days. most of the time i would just pass out for 3 hours at a time in my clothes, lights on, and music loopin. the working life is weakening: money to spend, weekends to waste, evenings to relax, nights to sleep. none of the above exist while in school, especially grad skool.

overall though, i cant complain. if you had told me last year i would be here, i would say wishful thinking. but im here: great city, good people (so far), good school, and interesting work, so i just need to refocus and reign in my mind...

it's like I'm paranoid lookin' over my back
it's like a whirlwind inside of my head
it's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within
it's like the face inside is right beneath my skin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home